Hello from Memphis TN

Morticia

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2016
Hello all! I'm new to the forum and new to puffers. I just purchased my first puffer. I have a 2in Fahaka baby I've named Hapi. I did months of research before purchasing my Fahaka. I originally planned on purchasing a Fahaka online, then stumbled upon one at Petco of all places and figured I should snag the little guy before some unsuspecting fool purchased him and put him in a small community tank. You'll probably find me on here a lot asking "is this normal" questions. I tend to obsess over my aquatic friends. :) I look forward to getting know every one!

image.jpeg

Morticia

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2016
O and I know sand is the way to go...but sadly in my area I can only find live sand for salt water tanks. The gravel will keep him happy enough while I'm waiting on some I ordered online.

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Welcome. Nice puffer!

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Hello Morticia.

Morticia

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2016
Thanks all ...my puffer seems to be doing ok after his move he is a little shy and not coming out of his cave, but I'm sure that will change once he gets more comfortable. He has already colored up some. Petco had him in a tank with oscars who were much much bigger than him and even a crawfish that was close to 3 times his size so I guess hiding is all he knows to do. Hopefully he will perk up soon.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store