Hello to all

Status
Not open for further replies.

tothna

Candiru
MFK Member
May 18, 2005
Ohio
So worms can be kept at room temp? I assumed they had to be kept in colder temps cuz they are always in the fridge when you buy bait worms. I was worried about getting a bunch of worms at once cuz I thought they had to be kept in a fridge and I don't have that much fridge space

TONY60

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 3, 2005
Kentucky
Peanut_Power said:
Rock on!! Does the electrodes in the ground after a rain really work? I wanna try it...but kinda worried about gettin the hell zapped outa me...lol...
Hi Peanut_POWER, Yes, the electrode thingy works. I use my father in laws outfit. It is a family airloom sorta. It's been on his farm since before he was born, and he is 72. It is a 110Volt cord without a ground. It has two metal rods connected to the 2 wires. The rods have wooden handles for safety. Wetting the lawn is not needed if your soil is not bone dry. Plunge the 2 rods into the soil abot 8 inches. About 6 feet apart. Then plug it in. Unplug after 5 min and go grabbing. It runs the worms out of the soil by shocking them. If a worm is laying on the surface, less surface area to get electricly bit. I have used them many times, and it still seams scary.
Here's another 1 for you. My father in law has a bass boat. He had the engine souped up before it left the factory.It screams. When he starts the boat out of the water, he connects a hose to it to protect it from overheating. Within 30 sec of starting the boat engine, worms appear. I think it is the exact pitch of the engine that does it. we can usually fill 2 quart containers with worms each time. He hates it. He cusses a lot. Them adlfjg;sldghs;ldlkhg worms!!!!! He is afraid of slipping and breaking his neck.
NOW A SPECIAL NOTE. These are common worms and nitecrawlers we get. They are not those African things that Mcgavin is working with. It sounds like his worms mite have different nutritive values.

rayman45

Team Rayman
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
staten island new york
Miles said:
Dear John,

We import stingrays, and have been looking for a quality provider of earthworms for a while. We have a local worm farm here, but I am unsure of their quality.. I am impressed at the information you have given, and would like to set up an account with you, as I go through ALOT of worms..

I am curious, how do you ship them? Do they come in Dirt?

The biggest problem I have is the amount of time I spend cleaning the dirt off worms, so that they do not get in the tanks and in the filters.. Is there an easier way of keeping the worms so they are cleaner? Any suggestions would help!

I will be looking forward to ordering multiple bulks orders from you upon the arrival of our next import, as majority of our large predatory fish eat worms initially.. I will likely purchase from you bi-monthly, if not more.. Let me know what you wan't to do, and keep in touch..

Welcome to MFK!

Miles
Community Sponsor
ExoticAquatix@comcast.net
miles,
i just recived my order.. all i do is just dip them in a cup of water and all the dirt comes off

Hello Rayman,
We are experimenting with coconut coir as a shipping method and a bedding material. Results will take about a month to see how the worms respond. Its more expensive than peat humus but maybe cleaner. I will let everyone know how the worms take to it and update our web-site. Thanks for the great feedback and posts.
John

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store