Help!! Convict had babies

Zeon

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2023
If convicts are anything like acara....its about 5 days til free swimming stage from hatching , then they have burned thru there yolk sacs. Then 2 weeks after hatching parents will prob start to get bored. That's when I would pop them out cause they will be fish food. Especially new parents. I had gone thru this a couple weeks ago and exactly 2 weeks in the parents fig they were able to take care of themselves. Too bad too they were a decent size and I should have moved them. If you really want to save them get another tank, and microworms or some kind of live food. Once they are about 2 weeks they will start eating dry food. Now all this is also dependant on tank temp. Warmer it is the faster they grow. Convict are dime a 1000 unfortunately, they breed like rabbits and far as most stores are concerned feeder fish lol. They are just easy to breed and really good parents. Good luck with whatever you do though.
Thank you for the help

Zeon

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2023
Came home and more than half the babies were dead, the others are fine and swimming around now. Their are about 20 left in the container and 10 with the dad
Welp just got back and their are 5 left in the container, I have no idea where the rest went and the father ate the ones he had

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store