Help , cutting my power

Alexxxxsv14

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2008
anaheim/orange CA
I have a 90 gal that has been up for close to a month now and all my fish are finally coming to their own. All of them are not being so shy anymore and vigorously eating. I live in a mobile home park and the city is gnna fix something on the electrical. And or whole parks power will be off from 8a-5p I'm really upset bc my tank is finally going smooth and idk how my fish will be without air stone and filter running. Do you think they will be okay ?

Alexxxxsv14

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2008
anaheim/orange CA
Battery powered air pumps
Dang I didn't know they had those, it sucks because I work Tomorow and I can just hope they all make it through the the day

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
Battery powered air pumps
Yup-yup......best bet is try a local bait and tackle store, but Wal-Mart may carry them as well, and obviously if you have a Cabela's or Bass Pro Shops near you.

Other option, if you can't find one anywhere, get a gas generator and run it OUTSIDE and run an extension cord SAFELY inside so you can plug your filters, pumps, etc into them.

Alexxxxsv14

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2008
anaheim/orange CA
Find a Wal-Mart open 24/7
They sell them there ? Sweet Ima send my girl in Tomorow then
They be fine with just air stone for that amount of time ?

Alexxxxsv14

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2008
anaheim/orange CA
I'm going to call Walmart right now and see if they have any battery air pumps
I checked depot for the generators but they were like 400$ and I just need for bout 8-10hrs

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
They sell them there ? Sweet Ima send my girl in Tomorow then
They be fine with just air stone for that amount of time ?
You can change some of the water at the halfway point if you feel better ddoing so....hit it w/ the test kit and see if you need to I guess......if the ammonia or nitrates go high, bang out a 50% WC, if not, leave it be. Air stone good, but sponge filter might be better.

Last edited:

Ihsnshaik

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2015
Windy CIty
I'm going to call Walmart right now and see if they have any battery air pumps
I checked depot for the generators but they were like 400$ and I just need for bout 8-10hrs
Get a car battery from Walmart or even a marine battery for cheap and buy an inverter. I would have a timer on there and turn on the pump every other hour which should suffice.

I lost thousands of dollars worth of fish due to a power outage

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store