Help Going On Vacation

bob965

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2009
MI
Dumping a bunch of feeders in there was probably the one thing people WOULDN'T have suggested. Now there's the possibility that they'll catch something from the feeders. Or you could have an ammonia spike from dead fish parts sitting in your tank decomposing. They would have been fine for 3 days.

ShipOfFools37

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 11, 2008
The Land of Pleasant Living.
Yes, even a week without food isn't a big deal at all. Fish don't always have to eat everyday. Several freshwater native species (bass, perch, etc) don't feed much at all through the cold months unless something is literally right in their face.

I have, inadvertently, left oscars AND convicts without food for 4 weeks (the person who was supposed to feed them forgot I had asked them....) and everything survived. They ate a ton for a few days and the oscars gave me attitude, but other than that, they survived just fine. I don't recommend that by any means, but they can go solid periods of time without food.

krzr3000

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 9, 2006
CT

LOCO_LOCO

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 3, 2008
SAN DIEGO
i gone for a week and all of my frontosa was ok, but thts depents wht kind a fish u have convicts will be ok for more than 3 days without food,

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store