Anaheim CA
hard to tell just yet, but it could either be a vitattus or a Brevis. it gets
a lot easier to tell once he's 5"-8"

Mikey2173

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 3, 2022
Anaheim CA
I had him on pellets initially, but unfortunately he slowly reverted to live feeders. I'm trying to just get him on frozen foods currently. however, Id say he looked his best while on the pellets. Not to mention it's cost efficient. I also keep him alone just cause he's too aggressive and it also gave him a chance to grow his fins out.

m_sol

Exodon
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2020
I had him on pellets initially, but unfortunately he slowly reverted to live feeders. I'm trying to just get him on frozen foods currently. however, Id say he looked his best while on the pellets. Not to mention it's cost efficient. I also keep him alone just cause he's too aggressive and it also gave him a chance to grow his fins out.
Well… my aimara devoured him last night sadly. Ima just focus on my aimara for now and when I can get another grow out tank I’ll just pick up a GATF :/

Mikey2173

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 3, 2022
Anaheim CA
Well… my aimara devoured him last night sadly. Ima just focus on my aimara for now and when I can get another grow out tank I’ll just pick up a GATF :/
Shoot, yah they're viscous killers wolf fish especially the aimara. Although, I will say from my experience GATF are actually far more skittish than the rest of the tiger fish even though they're ironically the biggest. In most cases, it's a matter of size and who was placed in the tank first to establish their territory. hope that helps for your next tiger fish. good luck

Reactions: m_sol

m_sol

Exodon
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2020
Shoot, yah they're viscous killers wolf fish especially the aimara. Although, I will say from my experience GATF are actually far more skittish than the rest of the tiger fish even though they're ironically the biggest. In most cases, it's a matter of size and who was placed in the tank first to establish their territory. hope that helps for your next tiger fish. good luck
Thanks I appreciate the insight! Crazy thing was the VATF was first in the tank but I’m guessing the Aimara just wanted a snack smh. Things happen in this hobby sadly. I actually picked up another Aimara and have them both in a grow out tank together

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store