Help?! Large Flesh Color Growth/ Tumor on Sharks Face

carmenava

Feeder Fish
Jun 17, 2016
I just got my first tank almost a year ago. It's 35 gallon fresh water with about
20 some fish of and maybe 10 different species that are all doing extremely well and seem to be quite healthy. I learned my lesson the hard way when I added fish too quick and got ich. I treated it and thankfully the majority of my fish survived.
I have an iridescent shark and he had ich really bad, he was covered in white spots; it was awful. But they all cleared up and he looks good with the exception of a large growth or tumor bulging out near his left eye. It's been there for a month or two. It seemed to kind of fall off and start to get better at one point so I thought it was healing but it's back and worse than ever. It concerns me because it seems to irritate him and it has to be affecting his vision. He rubs it up and down the glass; it's almost like excess loose skin because when he pushes up against the glass, it somewhat flattens out. All the other fish are doing extremely well so I'm really at a loss and just want to know if there's anything I can do to help this guy! I feel bad for him; he's had a rough life so far! ANY advice or insight would be greatly appreciated!

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
pics, also holy shiznizzle on that many fish in a 35 haha.

If I were to take a wild, completely uneducated guess, it sounds like a possible viral/bacterial issue seeing as you said it had gone away on its own at one point.

but again we need pics, water parameters, what other tank mates he has.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store