Help me buying rtcXtsn hybrid

STATIC X

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2006
philippines
I going to start my hobby and this time no mistake.

I have a 350 gal tank(no fish at all) and I'm planning to

buy this hybrids tomorrow., but I'm confused to there color pattern specially

in tail part, can you post a pic of a real juvenile rtcxtsn hybrid ...?:)

please help me:(

perfect_prefect

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2008
iowa
tail will not be red at juvi stage. most rtc tails dont turn red until they get some size on them. if that is what youre talking about.

perfect_prefect

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2008
iowa
hope you have plans for alot bigger tank or pond.

oscar n redtail cat

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2008
england / west midlands
yes take a look at the one in my avatar he was around 17"-18" long wide head aswell. gready but they do like there own space you are best off getting him a pleco and a other active fish or they become very agressive very very agressive mine bet up 2 RTc in one night i came down and has had ripped there fins and took over around 4ft of the 5ft tank he was keep alown for years , so a tank mate would be good in my point of view great catfish aswell GL with him.

STATIC X

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2006
philippines
perfect_prefect;2933921; said:
tail will not be red at juvi stage. most rtc tails dont turn red until they get some size on them. if that is what youre talking about.
yes!! actually this is the first time I get this kind catfish...so I'm having problem getting the real thing...

My true tank size is 6fx2.5fx3f I don't' no what gallon that was,
(the 350 gal is wrong pardon me!):D

i gonna think of that pond problem sooner....

thanks!! perfect_prefect

STATIC X

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2006
philippines
oscar n redtail cat;2933971; said:
yes take a look at the one in my avatar he was around 17"-18" long wide head aswell. gready but they do like there own space you are best off getting him a pleco and a other active fish or they become very agressive very very agressive mine bet up 2 RTc in one night i came down and has had ripped there fins and took over around 4ft of the 5ft tank he was keep alown for years , so a tank mate would be good in my point of view great catfish aswell GL with him.
can i put it him with ripsaw catfish or giant snakehead:confused:

perfect_prefect

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2008
iowa
i wouldnt go with the snakehead, it might take pieces of catfish off, unless the cat is significantly larger then you might have a snakehead up and disappear.

Gonzaga

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 18, 2007
Long Island
www.noreast.com
If I remember I'll take a photo of mine in the am he's about 18" he shares a tank with a 20" Peacock bass and a 25" Tiger shovel nose that doesn't take crap from either, also have a pleco about 8" and an upside down african catfish in there that hides in his cave.

Dave Sr.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store