HELP my fish has a bubble eye!!

scap331

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2007
mtown
ok so my sweetlips has an eye with a giant bubble over it and its cloudy.
wtf is it
and how do i get rid of it!
i clean my water
the salt level is PERFECT
ughhh, and he's got what looks like ich, but previously it was like a white slime, and i added some stuff the guy at the LFS gave me, so it could be that clearing up.

please help

scap331

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2007
mtown

something is wrong with his head too.
i'm freaking out...can you tell.

Pufferpunk

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 11, 2007
Chicago
www.**************.com
What do you mean you clean your water? Parameters please?

schulace123

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2005
MINNESOTA
scap331;1327423; said:
ok so my sweetlips has an eye with a giant bubble over it and its cloudy.
wtf is it
and how do i get rid of it!
i clean my water
the salt level is PERFECT
ughhh, and he's got what looks like ich, but previously it was like a white slime, and i added some stuff the guy at the LFS gave me, so it could be that clearing up.

please help

well...from how u are explaining your tank it is hard to tell...you clean your water? ( wtf mate) plus salt level is important but ph and many others are the things that should come to ur mind first.

do you have any other fish with it, if you do put it in a seperate tank...how big is ur tank?

scap331

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2007
mtown
lol i just meant i clean my water on the regular, and i tested my water everything is fine, i dont have the exact numbers bc my uncle owns the tester kit and i wrote them down and they're at his house.

but i read lowering the filter to releasing/cycling less water could be beneficial for the fish's eye

Pufferpunk

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 11, 2007
Chicago
www.**************.com
Please explain how you "clean" your water. When posting about a sick animal it is useless without exact water parameters. Get your own test kit.

01yellowr

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 8, 2007
NJ
I had the same thing happen 3 months ago. All I did was water changes, 25 % 3 times a weak for 2 weaks, and then my fish went back to normal.

water_baby83

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2006
UnDeR tHe SeA
www.myspace.com
OK my answers are never short, so brace yourself. I am walking out the door right now, but in a few hours, when I am home, after I deal with my animals, I will fill you in ok. Hang tight ok. I'll be back.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store