Help! My jardini arowana looks sick

youknow

Feeder Fish
Mar 15, 2024
Hello,
I got this little guy about 3 weeks ago. Swimming and eating. Being normal. About 5 days ago I did a water change. He seemed alittle stressed because probably our first one together. 2 days after I got hit with the ich bad. All my fish got it besides my bichirs and my eel. I had two small Catfish but one died. All 4 of my Bala sharks got it and 3 of them died... the 4th one isn't looking great either. The jardini has a few white spots on him but he's staying in one spot above the surface. He's eating but just motionless most of the time (he'll swim normal rarely). Since I notice the ich on my other fish I used ich-X to treat them and been treating them since. I used this stuff before and worked within 3 days. But the ich isn't going away from my last Catfish and Bala. The jardini today was on the sand not moving but alive. As soon as he saw me next to the tank he darted back up to the surface and swimming like he was napping or something but just didn't feel right. I've tested my water everyday so far and everything seems normal. Did 25% water changes before using any treatment. Even did some salt. My water temperature is at 83°F. I just need help on what's going on because I do not wanna lost this dude!!! Idk if it's a bad ich or some other fungus.

1000004637.jpg

1000004638.jpg

1000004636.jpg

1000004634.jpg

Reactions: tlindsey

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Hello,
I got this little guy about 3 weeks ago. Swimming and eating. Being normal. About 5 days ago I did a water change. He seemed alittle stressed because probably our first one together. 2 days after I got hit with the ich bad. All my fish got it besides my bichirs and my eel. I had two small Catfish but one died. All 4 of my Bala sharks got it and 3 of them died... the 4th one isn't looking great either. The jardini has a few white spots on him but he's staying in one spot above the surface. He's eating but just motionless most of the time (he'll swim normal rarely). Since I notice the ich on my other fish I used ich-X to treat them and been treating them since. I used this stuff before and worked within 3 days. But the ich isn't going away from my last Catfish and Bala. The jardini today was on the sand not moving but alive. As soon as he saw me next to the tank he darted back up to the surface and swimming like he was napping or something but just didn't feel right. I've tested my water everyday so far and everything seems normal. Did 25% water changes before using any treatment. Even did some salt. My water temperature is at 83°F. I just need help on what's going on because I do not wanna lost this dude!!! Idk if it's a bad ich or some other fungus.

View attachment 1537706

View attachment 1537707

View attachment 1537708

View attachment 1537709
Welcome aboard
How long has your aquarium been running?
Was the aquarium fully cycled prior to adding fish?
Do you have a water change schedule?
How much water do you change weekly?
What are your water parameters reading?
Do you have a test kit? If not take a sample of water to the lfs to be tested.
I'm at my job so hopefully other members will chime in.

Reactions: SilverArowanaBoi

youknow

Feeder Fish
Mar 15, 2024
Welcome aboard
How long has your aquarium been running?
Was the aquarium fully cycled prior to adding fish?
Do you have a water change schedule?
How much water do you change weekly?
What are your water parameters reading?
Do you have a test kit? If not take a sample of water to the lfs to be tested.
I'm at my job so hopefully other members will chime in.
Had this tank runny since August of last year and didn't add fish 3 weeks later. I change my water every two to three weeks. My usual water change is 50%. Now treating them with ich-x I've beening taking out 20%-25% every dose.
All my parameters are good checked them since this situation.

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
add fish 3 weeks later.
Are you vacuuming the substrate during treatment. The ich cyst will drop off your fish onto the substrate finding a new host to infect.
That's if you didn't know this. Never used the product ich x. Some brands of ich meds have malachite green in the ingredients that may kill some of the beneficial bacteria in the aquarium and filter.

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Are you vacuuming the substrate during treatment. The ich cyst will drop off your fish onto the substrate finding a new host to infect.
That's if you didn't know this. Never used the product ich x. Some brands of ich meds have malachite green in the ingredients that may kill some of the beneficial bacteria in the aquarium and filter.
I've learned although fish look healthy at the local fish store quarantine is needed to prevent any issues.

youknow

Feeder Fish
Mar 15, 2024
Normal water changes I do vacuum the Substrate and other stuff. With these 25% water changes I try to vacuum up what ever I can before I hit the 25% mark.
I didn't know that the ich will do that. Good to know and I'll keep that in mind also! I don't think ICH-X does but never researched it enough to know. I just know it worked the first time I had ich with no problems at all.

quikv6

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 26, 2024
Ick-X is an excellent med, and is very effective. Remember to continue to treat for 3-5 days AFTER the last visible signs of Ick are seen, due to the unique life-cycle of the parasite.

Also, one slight tangent to keep in mind is that sometimes Epystilis can resemble Ick. If Ick-X doesn't yield any improvement in the fish, there is a chance it could be Epystilis, which is treated differently.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store