HELP! Need to know how to cycle my tank

Bluecheesin

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 28, 2015
I
return the pacu and the filters and get better filters if you want any chance of keeping those fish alive. The pacu will get way too big for that tank. If your stuck on power filters I would suggest 2 ac110s. Not saying this to be rude or mean, I've been in your shoes. Bought my first tank, a way undersized filter, deco, bunch of fish. Put it all together and got dead fish, got more fish and followed directions on filter to replace the bio media and got more dead fish. Started to talk to people that knew something and got better. Do the right thing and return the pacu please. There are stickies in this sub forum dealing with how to cycle and what to look for.
I definitely cant return the pacu I had it for way to long and the filters I don't think I can return either as I had them for some weeks now but the best thing I can probably do is try to sell them off to someone..... and I have been doing water changes everyday when I Get home from work and I been adding the prime and stability ill do everything again once I get home and run the test again and let you guys see the results

ichthyogeek

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 1, 2015
Arkansas
I

I definitely cant return the pacu I had it for way to long and the filters I don't think I can return either as I had them for some weeks now but the best thing I can probably do is try to sell them off to someone..... and I have been doing water changes everyday when I Get home from work and I been adding the prime and stability ill do everything again once I get home and run the test again and let you guys see the results
Find somebody willing to take it who has an appropriately sized tank then. Somebody who preferably has a school of these guys. And a large enough tank/pond for them. You can sell the filters off of craigslist if you have to, or other sites as well.

Red_Man

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2010
Indiana
Good luck OP. Most LFS will take/buy back fish. Unless you bought your stuff from like petsmart, petco, or walmart all the gear is now yours. The problem with the fish is those guys have now been through a gauntlet of bad chemistry and the likelihood of their survival is small. In any case you will most likely have to give those Pacu away. They get HUGE!!! As I originally said.... Good Luck

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store