Help sexing jag.

vaine111

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2009
Metro-Detroit
I'm going with male cause it looks darker which is a good sign of it being a male. But the picture is also dark so don't hold me to it.
Edit... with the vid I would say you have 2 females and a male.

Restricted-

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 30, 2008
Canada
I was thinking 2 females, 1 male aswell, but the smaller ones are barely 4" so maybe they will change with age. What size do they become sexually mature so they can breed?

Restricted-

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 30, 2008
Canada
So do you guys think im good with what I have if I'm trying to breed? Or should I pick up a couple more just incase?

mach_six

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2005
Northern NJ
I think it's too early to tell. Wait till the darker one gets a bit bigger, he looks more like the male to me where as the others are female.

The male's coloration looks more like the name given to it where as the female will stay that way.

Based on my pair, the male's pattern changed looks more evenly spotted w/o that big spot. It's good to have some aggressive females, my male ended up killing the female.

Restricted-

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 30, 2008
Canada
Okay, so do you think it would be best to get a couple more and grow them out, then let them pair off?

convicts94

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2009
Vancouver,Canada
Golden Pygo;3886567; said:
ok, how can you tell?
u see the light colored one mostly stay together in the video and the big one was beating up the dark one. probably u have a pair. but it will be way easier if u put pics on of their vents.

Restricted-

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 30, 2008
Canada
Are the vents where the eggs come out and male fertilizes? Because I can clearly see a little tube like thing on the lighter ones..

convicts94

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2009
Vancouver,Canada
Golden Pygo;3887751; said:
Are the vents where the eggs come out and male fertilizes? Because I can clearly see a little tube like thing on the lighter ones..
yes so if u post any pics of all of em that will be easy to tell

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store