Help Sexing My Flowerhorns

MattR1998

Feeder Fish
Jul 15, 2018
So I recently took up Flowerhorns and I had got two. The pictures are below, I originally had one in my 90 gallon (the one with no black/fading) with my friends proven female and he was never aggressive towards her only chased her around. The second one (the one with black on it) immediately showed interest in the other when introducing into the tank. I separated the divider and watched. They did swim together for about 5 minutes and then start lip locking so I separated them. I want to know:
The sex
The strain
And your reasoning for your answers. Thanks

P.S. the darker one was a rescue and was that color when I got it, not because of stress from introducing into the new tank.

IMG_1134.jpg IMG_1135.jpg IMG_1136.jpg IMG_1137.jpg

Justchill

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 8, 2018
Book look males, first is a red dragon and the second is a fader, prob a red dragon as well.

MattR1998

Feeder Fish
Jul 15, 2018
J Justchill thanks for your help, may I know why you think that? What are you looking at that makes you think that

Justchill

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 8, 2018
Well, they both can be female as well, idk for sure that it’s a male until u have some vent pic. But just by looking at them, they have traits of male. They both have a kok, and their body aren’t round like a female. The red dragon part is pretty much the color, pearl, shape. The second one could be any type of zz, since u don’t have a before pic it’s hard to say. But it is a fader since U can see the black that’s it fading from.

MattR1998

Feeder Fish
Jul 15, 2018
J Justchill alright thanks for your help, Will definitely throw up some vent pictures later tonight!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store