HELP sick jaguar cichlids

sheajared

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 26, 2011
Stillwater, MN
I have a breeding pair of jags in a standard 75 gal. They just recently laid eggs, and ever since they have both looked very sick. They hardly move, just laying like in the picture, and when they do move they are spastic and twitchy, going crazy for roughly 30 seconds then going dormant again. The eyes on both the male and female are cloudy as well. Please help in what this could be and what i need to do to help them. Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1389232366.999728.jpg

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
what do water perams come back at?

75g pretty small tank for mating jags, I will be surprised if the male does not attack and kill the female sooner or later. no other tank mates?

sheajared

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 26, 2011
Stillwater, MN
This is definitely a disease or parasite or something of the sort, they seem very bothered by something other than themselves, they have never bothered each other.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
I would do a water test, find out what your nitrates are at. hopefully you have a API master fresh water test kit. in a tank that small and no other fish to worry about they may just be doing the nurture thing. jags good parents and will hover over or around there brood.

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
I would do the water tests, ick would not be just on the fins, it would be present on his body, and they would be flashing allot to try and rub em off IMHO.

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
how big are they? what filtration and water change schedule?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store