Help sick ray

NikkiC

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2007
UK
No idea really. Whether a bad bit of food although I doubt it as the others have eaten the same food. I can only guess Mr motoro but they mostly stayed different ends of the tank with the motoro liking to be under a piece of bogwood. It can't have been a water problem as the other rays are fine. He seemed to go from being fine one day to dead the next. It was that quick and that is why I doubt the motoro as surely I would have seen a steady decline.

Has anyone seen the pupils dilate due to stress?

Nic

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Oct 8, 2005
outside philly
rays are more active at night too... so when you are sleeping the motoro could be stressing the ray....

NikkiC

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2007
UK
Yeah Nic I know they are more active at night. I just thought there would be a subtle decline if it was motoro. He used to eat like a pig, always active and one night he didn't eat much which I thought was odd and the next day he was on death's door showing signs of curl.

Up until that point he had been normal no change in behaviour or any signs. I work from home most of the time and spend a lot of time watching the rays and always watch for an hour at feeding time so I am sure I would of spotted something.

andersp90

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 11, 2007
Denmark
NikkiC;1781202; said:
Yeah Nic I know they are more active at night. I just thought there would be a subtle decline if it was motoro. He used to eat like a pig, always active and one night he didn't eat much which I thought was odd and the next day he was on death's door showing signs of curl.

Up until that point he had been normal no change in behaviour or any signs. I work from home most of the time and spend a lot of time watching the rays and always watch for an hour at feeding time so I am sure I would of spotted something.
The ray hobby is still new.. I have seem these things before.. Mabye we will find some answers in the future.. :) Sry to hear though.. :(

NikkiC

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2007
UK
Now thinking he might have been stuck by a spine as the female had shed hers and I cant find it in the tank. His demise just seemed too quick for stress from the motoro.

I guess I wont know as he is buried now.

Thanks for the help everyone.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store