Help To Bring Asian Aros Back To The US...

Andrink

Jardini
MFK Member
Sep 11, 2013
If the US don't want invasive species, why don't they ban pets all together? If they allow things like axolotls and silver arowana, why not asian arowana? Axolotls are a step away from extinction, much worse than asian arowanas, they can breed in the US if released. Are they trying to BS us or something? I have always been thinking of ways to get the US to allow asian arowana and I have many plans for you fellow fish keepers. But I doubt they will work. The US is a community which is hard to persuade. Because back then, ignorance gave them many problems. They will need more convincing arguments than just a conservation website. But I believe this thread is one step that we, as a community, shall take to un-ban the beloved asian arowana. But we need some of these posts to be sent and taken around the World Wide Web. This message must be international. As stated before, the government is not a group of robots. We can still persuade them. Good luck, my American friends.

I'm 12 so I may not have as advanced English as some of you may have.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Banning every other available animal that is kept as a pet in this country certainly won't change the Arowana situation...The problem seems to be that the sceropages formosus is included on certain lists that certain government agencies recognize and the powers in place see no reason to change their listed status.

ecoli73

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 15, 2010
Sunnyvale, CA
The issue is there is no real incentive for a politician to change the rules. Environmental nazis will label anyone who put the fish off the list; and there are not enough hobbyists to counter that.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Pretty much what I said but I doubt any environmental types would do very much chest thumping over an expensive and highly coveted aquarium fish suddenly being legal to purchase and possess.

Andrink

Jardini
MFK Member
Sep 11, 2013
Banning every other available animal that is kept as a pet in this country certainly won't change the Arowana situation...The problem seems to be that the sceropages formosus is included on certain lists that certain government agencies recognize and the powers in place see no reason to change their listed status.
I didn't mean ban all the animals. I meant, if they banned all arowanas except silvers because of conservation all reasons, why not ban axolotl? And the jardini isn't even endangered. We are being BS'd.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store