Help with and ebay purchase

muskieboy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 8, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
I'm hoping someone that knows the ins and outs of ebay can give some advice.

2 months ago I ordered something on ebay, it was coming from hong kong with "free shipping" so I expected it to take a while. When it didn't come on the estimated date I made a ebay/paypal claim and messaged the seller. The seller said they would send another one and that it would be here by june 18, so I never pursued the claim (may have been dumb on my part) and now I think its expired. June 19 and it hasn't come yet. So I messaged them and told them I want my money back. They replied and asked for my paypal email, but apparently ebay doesn't let you put emails in messages.

What should my next course of action be?

Is it likely that the packages are getting lost/held up somewhere or am I getting ripped? The packages are probably about the size of a shoe box if it makes a difference.

edit: typo in the title *an

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
Since you made a claim earlier on, they'll be a record of it so you should be good. I would just give it a little more time. I've purchased things on Ebays for over 10 years and have yet had a problem.

muskieboy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 8, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
I still want my money back, and if it comes the next day then too bad for them. They've already wasted my time.

SumoNinja

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2007
I'm Where I'm At
I personally am just too sketchy of buying things from personal sellers. I need to see the product before buying.

I'm equally sketchy of buying anything from over seas. I have no first hand experience though, i'm just sketchy and prefer to stay away from it all.

I do have a sister n law that bought a $300 Gucci or CoCo Chanel purse on ebay. don't remember which brand. when the purse arrived it was an obvious fake. she contacted the seller and asked for a refund. seller told her to send the purse back and then she'd give the refund. my sister n law sent the purse back and the seller was never heard from ever again. I lol'd a lot at my brother

Miguel

Ole Dawg
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2006
Very much south..
I have uet to have a problem qith Ebay purchases.

You need to check vendor's track record and feed backs. I only buy from people with 100% and i go back and forth messaging them to get avfeel on their honnesty.

Most do not want to risk a bad review because it really hurts their business.

TheBroc

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2014
CALIFORNIA
I bought LED strip lighting and there was one from china or for a few bucks more one from Oregon. I opted to pay a little more , seems safer coming from the states than overseas

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
I've gotten stuff shipped from China with no issues. Like Miguel, I only deal with those who have high sales number and a high positive rating. As I posted earlier, 10+ years and haven't been burn yet.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store