Help with feeding very small datnoids

SilverArowanaBoi

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2023
Houston, Texas
Believe it or not no lol I even moved a few plants and decorations to see if I could find him and nothing, I’ll try again tomorrow today isn’t my lucky day lol
Do you have any cave-like stuff? When I first bought my Striped Raphael catfish a year ago, he was hiding under the top part of a rock cave. I learned at that moment 2 things; 1. That catfish are the best hiders, and 2. Check EVERY spot in your tank.

Also another thing, my old Oscar used to bury himself in the sand. Maybe try kicking up the substrate to see if he's under there hiding?

Caveden

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2020
Do you have any cave-like stuff? When I first bought my Striped Raphael catfish a year ago, he was hiding under the top part of a rock cave. I learned at that moment 2 things; 1. That catfish are the best hiders, and 2. Check EVERY spot in your tank.

Also another thing, my old Oscar used to bury himself in the sand. Maybe try kicking up the substrate to see if he's under there hiding?
I don’t think datnoids hide under sand.

According to the sellers of small datnoids in my country they seem to feed them these, if you need help:

IMG_7329.jpeg

Reactions: SilverArowanaBoi

Caveden

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2020
I didn't think Oscars did either, lol. Maybe mine was unique? idk. But fish can do surprising things.
Yeah, Oscar’s have a personality like no other. Although I don’t think datnoids even have the ability to dig under the sand though, their mouths are like vacuums so it would be impossible for them to dig underneath

anzo1993

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jun 25, 2016
Canada

There’s a few caves but still no luck but at that size he can blend in real good I’m sure lol

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store