Help with house geckos??

Keeper of the Ropes

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2006
Texas
K, don't call me Love. I don't know you. Next, no, you didn't really tell me anything about WHAT to feed the baby, you just said "feed 'im up first". I realize they eat. Not rocket science, truly. Yes, I appreciate your concern, but why would you offer advice on something I didn't ask for help on if you didn't at first address the real reason I posted?

I'll find the information I need elsewhere. Thanks SO much for your LOVEly advice.

Keeper*

Jessica Dring

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2007
Liverpool, UK.
Keeper of the Ropes;1252495; said:
K, don't call me Love.

This was sarcasim. I don't want to call you love. Don't worry, goon. :screwy:

I don't know you.

Next, no, you didn't really tell me anything about WHAT to feed the baby, you just said "feed 'im up first".
I realize they eat. Not rocket science, truly.
Well AIN'T it funny you didn't know whether to put him in with the lot, straight away ;)

Yes, I appreciate your concern, but why would you offer advice on something I didn't ask for help on if you didn't at first address the real reason I posted?
In the same thread I posted advice on the subject. Parasites is more of a issue I think, seeing as you "already knew to feed him up" dont' you ;)

I'll find the information I need elsewhere. Thanks SO much for your LOVEly advice.

Why's that? Cause it's not what you want to hear? Then good luck. If you can't take in people advice 'cause its not what you want to hear (not to mention your so deffensive..that sparks doubt in you anyway) then your NOT a real herpkeeper. 'Cause your NOT willing to learn. Why ask advice if your going to throw it back in some ones face "LOVE" (no, you WON'T tell me what to do, seeing as YOU don't know me!).

Keeper*

I mean good grief, I even put a smiley face so you knew I weren't being funny. So this is your fault..cause you don't like somebody telling you that you MAY have done something wrong. I ain't gonna argue. I gave you advice (which YOU asked for whether YOU like the advice given or not). So if you wanna argue further. Pm me. I've had enough of having threads hi'jacked due to arguing.

Jessica Dring

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2007
Liverpool, UK.
Tbh, you shouldnt be catching/buying animals if you dont know what to feed them (even if it for size or whatever) first. Impluse buying is irresponsible.

davo

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2006
England
you'll have to check with your laws, but it may be illegal to release captives back into the wild (even if thats from where they came).
What Jessica is saying is that more often or not wild specimens have parasites (internal or external) and so maybe wasn't the best idea mixing it with your other bought one. Do you have a reptile shop anywhere near you? They should have lots of different sized and specie bugs that are more than adaquate (pinheads spring to mind) You should maybe feed with calcium supplements also.

evilxyardxgnome

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2005
Minneapolis, MN
twitter.com
And Davo to the rescue!

Have you tried pinhead crickets? They are pretty tiny. Otherwise you can buy wingless fruitflies. Probably feed the small gecko in a small tight enclosure. I would also be worried about the smaller one being picked on by the bigger ones.

Vicious_Fish

Here fishy fishy fishy...
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2007
South Central...
Like mentioned you can buy vials of wingless fruit flies for cheap online and they keep breeding so you can get a steady supply of them from one vial.

guppy

Small Squiggly Thing
Apr 15, 2005
confused, lost, and lonely
Try pinhead crickets, they work fine and most petstores that sell adult ones also cary the tiny ones.

cichlid_starter

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 31, 2009
Indianapolis
girls! girls! your both pretty now stop fighting. It is true that generally you don't want to mix WC with CB because of foreign contaminants. I'm sure he ones you mixed already are fine but keep an eye open for suspicious behavior like runny stool and loss of appetite. It's always a concern. Those are the two most common symptoms of a parasite. As for feeding the little fella, if you can't find anything smaller than it's head and flightless fruit flies don't work out (try them immediately, the poor guy is hungry) then release him back into the wild. That will be his best chance of survival. Do this soon because while house geckos are hardy, a hatchling like that needs to be in good health or it will die soon. Also check up on local regulations on catching and keeping native species. It's illegal here in Indiana but I don't know about other states. Now play nice ladies. :)

AttackFish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 10, 2007
Torrance
cichlid_starter;3178165; said:
girls! girls! your both pretty now stop fighting. It is true that generally you don't want to mix WC with CB because of foreign contaminants. I'm sure he ones you mixed already are fine but keep an eye open for suspicious behavior like runny stool and loss of appetite. It's always a concern. Those are the two most common symptoms of a parasite. As for feeding the little fella, if you can't find anything smaller than it's head and flightless fruit flies don't work out (try them immediately, the poor guy is hungry) then release him back into the wild. That will be his best chance of survival. Do this soon because while house geckos are hardy, a hatchling like that needs to be in good health or it will die soon. Also check up on local regulations on catching and keeping native species. It's illegal here in Indiana but I don't know about other states. Now play nice ladies. :)
Bumping threads from 2007...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store