HELPP!!! AQUARIUM LEAKING

cigars

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 3, 2011
northern va
well i guess i'll start my research
I think you are misunderstanding everyone when they say just reseal the tank. All you have to do is drain the tank remove all gravel/sand let the tank completely dry, get a razor blade remove the old silicone bead on the inside of the tank clean really well and put a new bead of aquarium safe silicone on the inside of the tank and depending on the type of silicone you have to let it cure for a few days. I resealed my 300 and let it cure for 3 days refilled it no leaks and good to go. Its really easy to do your not separating the glass just resealing :)

Slipperypete

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 7, 2012
Fort worth
oh ok i thought id have to do alot more. ok cool. might be difficult tho because the guy before me siliconed a long cubical piece of acrylic all the way down the seam (if that makes sense). so i have to get in there and look at where the seals are

DIDYSIS

Mantilla Stingray
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2012
West Jordan Utah
Drain let dry for a good couple days, order weld on 40 and trip it so the seam is down and pour in a nice bead of Weldon 40 to make a great seal that will last forever, do on other seams if you want as well to make them great.

Sent from my DROIDX using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

poppalina

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2010
Boston
Weld on #40 is the way to go with the tip and pour method, check the DIY section there is tons of info on it, I would do all the seams while your at it .

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store