Henlei Hand Feeding

floridagar

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 18, 2010
chicago
I wanna get a ray so badly lol but i need to focus on getting my tank built so i dont have to worry about future upgrading with all the fish i have.

ShadowStryder

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2007
Nunya
She looks much better Pete. Great to see her doing so well. Nice job. Anyone who interacts with their rays properly knows that they can be trained to feed by hand or even target trained to eat. I can feed all my rays by hand with the exception of my flower, but marbles and blackies no problem. My female Marble will literally come a third of the way out of the water to get a night crawler out of my fingers.
How are the others? I know you lost one of the four.

PeteLockwood

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 20, 2009
Westfield NJ
How are the others? I know you lost one of the four.
Yes, the most emaciated one I couldn't do anything for, he was basically dead before he arrived.

But the other two are also doing well. The other female was also very skinny upon arrival and clearly showing signs of malnourishment - hips showing, body structure showing through her skin and her tail was basically permanently curled round. After some pretty intensive care, her hips are no longer showing, the tail is straight and she's putting on weight all over. So, the new tank should be these 3 plus the stunning male I got from JimR.

Brent

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 19, 2005
TFC
funny how your projecting your replys or flames lol looking good pete i love hens

smitty03281964

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
May 5, 2010
Yeadon, Pennsylvania USA
The stingray looks great. Nice video.

keepinfish

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jun 29, 2007
In God We Trust
worried about comments....lol

No i use a HOB on my pup/quarantine tank. Love henlei also, looks good would love to see some good pictures of them all!!!

Just Toby

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2010
Guildford UK
Everyone knows that a hang on back will sting you if you beg.....lol

Nice Ray, sounds like you have done a good job, the only aggression there is strong aggressive feeding.

You can get away with a lot less filtering if you know what you are doing, knowledge with a hob will do better than an 8x4 sump with a beginner!

Can't wait to see the new 8x4's will you filter them centrally?

PeteLockwood

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 20, 2009
Westfield NJ
I can't wait to see the new 8x4s either :D (Yesterday I saw a couple mid-construction pics of one of them)

And yes, currently planning on plopping a 75 gallon tank between them and using it as a central filter (although only for the 2 8'x4' tanks). It will make things easier at water change time, if nothing else. My filter on my ~320 gal tank with the 3 Motoro and 1 Henlei is only a 30 gallon tank so less than twice as many rays and more than twice as much filter should still work fine. If I ever get to feeling the rays have outgrown the filter it would be easy to switch the 75 for a 125.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store