Hex treatment

Aquanero

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2009
New Jersey
Bacterial infections of the gut don't always kill quickly and can cause wasting and a slow deterioration of the fish. There was a medication that is no longer available called Paragon 2 from Aquatronics (*Aquatronics Paragon 2; Kanamycin can be combined with Furan 2 & Metronidazole for an excellent parasitic, fungal, & bacterial infection treatment.) This is no longer avaiable but can be made using equal parts of the above medications dosed into the hospital tank, it is a way to attack on two fronts at once. A Methylene blue bath in conjunction to the above is also a good idea.

I will never put anything into my tanks that doesn't list the ingreediance.

Dieboldly

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 24, 2015
Buena Park, CA
Bacterial infections of the gut don't always kill quickly and can cause wasting and a slow deterioration of the fish. There was a medication that is no longer available called Paragon 2 from Aquatronics (*Aquatronics Paragon 2; Kanamycin can be combined with Furan 2 & Metronidazole for an excellent parasitic, fungal, & bacterial infection treatment.) This is no longer avaiable but can be made using equal parts of the above medications dosed into the hospital tank, it is a way to attack on two fronts at once. A Methylene blue bath in conjunction to the above is also a good idea.

I will never put anything into my tanks that doesn't list the ingreediance.
Soooo put all of it together?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Aquanero

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2009
New Jersey
Yes equal parts of each combined and added to the hospital tank. The meth blue bath should be done separately for 30 mins use 1 teaspoon per 5 gallons of water. Treat with the meds for 10 days.

jmolter86

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 6, 2015
bristol, pa
Oh awesome! If my flowerhorn doesn't make it, I will be spending the money and buying one at my local LFS. I've grown to love these guys

I don't see why your fh wouldn't make it. If you do get another I'll suggest you go to a shop specializing in fh. Spend the extra cash and get a high quality one. Not that occasionally you can't find a gem in a lfs, most of the time they are low grade fh with bad genetics. I don't know how far you are from Sacramento but Julie Tran has a shop there. She is also a transhipper. You can get a fh imported thru her and she can ship it to you for a fee. in her shop she also has fh for sale. If you have fb look up fh craze. They have a website also fhcraze.com. imo it's worth it to spend the few extra bucks to have a quality fish.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Dieboldly

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 24, 2015
Buena Park, CA
I don't see why your fh wouldn't make it. If you do get another I'll suggest you go to a shop specializing in fh. Spend the extra cash and get a high quality one. Not that occasionally you can't find a gem in a lfs, most of the time they are low grade fh with bad genetics. I don't know how far you are from Sacramento but Julie Tran has a shop there. She is also a transhipper. You can get a fh imported thru her and she can ship it to you for a fee. in her shop she also has fh for sale. If you have fb look up fh craze. They have a website also fhcraze.com. imo it's worth it to spend the few extra bucks to have a quality fish.

Just bought the stuff you told me too

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1430514515.309384.jpg

Dieboldly

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 24, 2015
Buena Park, CA
I see it. You can switch treatment if you want to. You said you have furan 2 already so try that with metro and kanaplex. If it was my fish I would wait it out until like Sunday though.

So he is trying to attack my thermostat reader on the inside of the tank and also my water heater lol I think the Meds are working but he still won't eat.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store