Hi fin paroon

doviiman

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 12, 2007
la,la,land
Is there a such thing as a hi fin paroon or emperor paroon, I have seen some that seem to have longer top fins than other.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I think it has more to do with age with the dorsal fin growing the long extension or streamer as the fish ages.

doviiman

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 12, 2007
la,la,land
Really,I was almsot sure I had seem some babies parrons with really tall dorsal fins. Well is there an actual emperor paroon, thats different from a regular paroon.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I have never heard of any emperor paroon but with the stuff that they do in Asia it is probably not outside of the realm of possibility.

doviiman

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 12, 2007
la,la,land
I see.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I mean....they have come up with abominations such as short body paroons and paroon-RTC crosses so what's a little extra fin length to their test tubes lol.

I31

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2007
omni
Did a search on the web and found that "hi fin and emperor Paroons" are just other names used for paroon sharks.

doviiman

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 12, 2007
la,la,land
I mean....they have come up with abominations such as short body paroons and paroon-RTC crosses so what's a little extra fin length to their test tubes lol.
lol, I think you are right. lol
Did a search on the web and found that "hi fin and emperor Paroons" are just other names used for paroon sharks.
Thanks, I think it just must be luck of the draw.

doviiman

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 12, 2007
la,la,land
A bit off topic, but out here sb paroons (for some reason i dont understand) are worth way way waaaaaaaay more than normal ones. Thereare even "true short body" variants

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
Not sure why that is, maybe because they are rarer. But they look very funny to me.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store