Hi I'm new here :)

Silverwanna

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 3, 2014
Savannah Ga
I think the tiger barbs will always pick on them unless you had a much larger tank maybe were they all could have some cover. I had some tiger barbs awhile ago with some Molly's and some sharks and they did fine but I did introduce them when they were all small at the same time. I think that has alit to do with it as well.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

MarieKaF7

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
United Kingdom
Yes I did think age may be an issue - I think these barbs must be a couple of years old and none of my fish are older than a year. However in their previous, smaller tank they were with a youngish molly and 2 tetras (which I also added to my tank - and they have settled perfectly) as well as 4 or 5 much larger catfish and plecs (like 15-20cm jobbies as opposed to my teeny 2-5cm) - and the previous owners said they have always been very peaceful. I would have thought they could be okay at least with my other fish as aside from my guppies none of them have long fins/tails which seem to be the biggest issue. But I would only consider swapping them with my guppies if I knew they wouldn't hurt my other fish - how big of a risk would you say? Of course I will not be keeping them long in that small tank as it is really not adequate for them (they are very active and playful now - I think they must have just felt very overwhelmed and exposed before!)

Silverwanna

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 3, 2014
Savannah Ga
There is always a risk of them beating up your other fish but this fins on the Guppies must look tasty they are pretty haha. I would say if you did move the guppies out and put the barbs back just keep an eye on your other fish.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store