high ammonia in a cycled tank,,,

jstehman

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2012
Omaha, NE
Good catch on the ph! I mustve read right over that.

Below 6.5 you are compromising bacterial growth

signature
-----------------------------------------------------------

"And if I can't have everything, well then just give me a taste"

Wenzo0o0o0oo

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2010
usa
I have two big corals in the filter , and a pc in the tank , doesn't seem to do the job , I thought crush coral works better in a high flow area , like a canister , doesn't seem working

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

soupa2

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 18, 2007
cyn
i had 2 16" breeding pair of motoro, arowana 22", 4-9" mixed datnoid in my 180 and the rays crashed my pH to 6.0 and i had to add 1 bag filled (12 x 8") each into my 2 eheim 2262 of crush coral..that raised my pH back to 7.0.. check one week if pH stays at 6 and doesn't keep it at 7 then add 2 bags.. each filter gets on bag.. the piece inside the tank dont do much.. while water passes through the filter it polishes through the crush coral to buff it back to 7.0.. if filter have enough room i would also add another bag of ammonia chip.. it works wonders.. my 2 eheim 2262 are layout like this.. bottom to top pump.. eheim mech, layer of foam sponge, side by side a bag of (12 x 8") crush coral, a bag of ammonia chip, layer of filter floss, a bag filling of eheim bio balls and last is double layer of filter floss..

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store