high back arowana VS RTG

jettefrances17

Dovii
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2010
clifton nj
Gold aros ie red tail gold HBRTG or xback don't get PLJ as often as red aros

PLJ isn't something that develops with age it's normally always there even at 6" which is the legal size to sell Asian aro you just need better eyes to see it on a smaller fish

Drop eye is dam ugly and I couldn't live with it PLJ isn't as ugly and doesn't bother me as much

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

I'm not so sure about that. Yes, genes play a big part but You can buy a perfect specimen from a reputable farm with brooders that has no defects whatsoever and within a few weeks, totally mess it up for the fish during it's most crucial stages. Plj can develop with improper grooming. I have been told that when aros are juveniles, their lower jaw grows a bit faster than the rest of the fish's body and that's why so many breeders in asia pump their baby aros until they reach about 10" so that the aro grows proportionately.

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
I'm not so sure about that. Yes, genes play a big part but You can buy a perfect specimen from a reputable farm with brooders that has no defects whatsoever and within a few weeks, totally mess it up for the fish during it's most crucial stages. Plj can develop with improper grooming. I have been told that when aros are juveniles, their lower jaw grows a bit faster than the rest of the fish's body and that's why so many breeders in asia pump their baby aros until they reach about 10" so that the aro grows proportionately.
I don't think that's true as I don't think I have seen a gold aro with PLJ yet I see a few reds and nearly all silvers have it

jettefrances17

Dovii
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2010
clifton nj
So, just because you haven't seen one, you just assumed that it isn't true? Google is your friend sir! I can even send you pics of a xb, hb, or even just a regular rtg with plj. I don't mean any disrespect but may I ask you how many goldies have you kept or groomed?

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
So, just because you haven't seen one, you just assumed that it isn't true? Google is your friend sir! I can even send you pics of a xb, hb, or even just a regular rtg with plj. I don't mean any disrespect but may I ask you how many goldies have you kept or groomed?
Yes I know how to use google
But after keeping close to 25 Asian aros 23 of which was golds I think I know my stuff

Reds are much more prone to PLJ
Out of 23 golds not one has had PLJ yet out of 2 red one had PLJ even when I got it at 6" but I purchased it because all the other traits took my eye away from the slight PLJ

Most if not all silvers have PLJ is it a defect or is that the way they are

PLJ is like drop eye no one seams to know for sure how they develop it

jettefrances17

Dovii
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2010
clifton nj
Yes I know how to use google
But after keeping close to 25 Asian aros 23 of which was golds I think I know my stuff

Reds are much more prone to PLJ
Out of 23 golds not one has had PLJ yet out of 2 red one had PLJ even when I got it at 6" but I purchased it because all the other traits took my eye away from the slight PLJ

Most if not all silvers have PLJ is it a defect or is that the way they are

PLJ is like drop eye no one seams to know for sure how they develop it

Well then you are one of the lucky ones. I personally had a few goldies that when they were juvies, didn't show any signs of plj but as they reached the 8" mark began to show it's defect. Again, just because you didn't have one, doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Happy fish keeping!!!

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
Well then you are one of the lucky ones. I personally had a few goldies that when they were juvies, didn't show any signs of plj but as they reached the 8" mark began to show it's defect. Again, just because you didn't have one, doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Happy fish keeping!!!
Have you got any pictures I would be interesting to see

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
Its because Your aro has severe plj. Plj is plj wether it is slightly or severely protruded.
Wouldn't say it's that bad on mine I have seen much worse

The PLJ on the gold you posted people wouldn't even know

In my experience red get it more often than golds

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store