Hikari Carnivore Pellets vs Cichlid Sinking Gold

Ulu

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2018
The Sunny San Joaquin
He did seem to like the bug bites better than the cichlid gold.

The bug bites are more expensive so they're possibly higher quality.

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
DMD123 DMD123 , I might have missed the post, but what did you think of the Bug Bites pellets? I looked at them at the store and noticed the first ingredients were solider fly larvae and salmon.
The fish took to it very quickly. It must be an extremely palatable product because just about everything that tried it did end up eating it. I did not look into it as a long term food but could see this as a good food for a new finicky eater. RD did mention it was a high fat food compared to some, so that made me rethink it as a staple.

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
The bug bites pleco stick worked well for the bottom feeders like polys.
Ageed its been my go to lately. My fish seem to all love it. The cichlid pellets float so only the butterfly and cteno will eat them. The color enhancing are tiny but everyone seems to like those too. Good thing as these dont stink up the house like the hikari carnivore pellets do.
Still looking for a good staple that will sink asap and not be to hard that both polys and ropes will be able to eat without stinking the place up and creating a huge mess in the tank. Not asking for much am I?

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Has anyone tried the new cobalt predator pellets? I’m seeing them everywhere now.
Check the ingredients. If they seem ok give it a shot

Reactions: Matteus

Nilsafeller

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2018
High river Alberta Canada
I think the carnisticks and massivore have a very dense calorie count... any fish I have that enjoy the massivore and carn sticks have takin off in growth ten fold but not ALL of my fish love it... some do and some dont... never tried NLS but from J jaws7777 pics I'll havto check it out.. some good looking ingrediants

Matteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2018
Canada eh
Has anyone tried the new cobalt predator pellets? I’m seeing them everywhere now.
I saw one of the more serious chichla keepers on here do a video on trying it with his bass. He seemed to really like how it didn’t dissolve in the water and the fish were smashing it hard. I think it was tcav88 tcav88 i may be wrong tho. Not sure how the long term went for him.

I have tried their algae pellets because of that video and all my veggie eaters go bananas for them. So I would imagine the carni versions would be similar.

tcav88

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 12, 2017
Ohio
I saw one of the more serious chichla keepers on here do a video on trying it with his bass. He seemed to really like how it didn’t dissolve in the water and the fish were smashing it hard. I think it was tcav88 tcav88 i may be wrong tho. Not sure how the long term went for him.

I have tried their algae pellets because of that video and all my veggie eaters go bananas for them. So I would imagine the carni versions would be similar.
No sir I’m a hikari only guy lol

Reactions: Matteus
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store