Hikari foods.. What do people think?

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
i get good growth, clean water is the best for growth... as long as you use high quality food and keep the tank immaculate growth should be good. the garlic from tank reminds me of an ex girlfriends step father 'bobby', bobby loved garlic but after he had used the toilet you could smell it lol... to be blunt thats what it smells like!

ss720

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 20, 2005
Norway
i get good growth, clean water is the best for growth... as long as you use high quality food and keep the tank immaculate growth should be good. the garlic from tank reminds me of an ex girlfriends step father 'bobby', bobby loved garlic but after he had used the toilet you could smell it lol... to be blunt thats what it smells like!
My nitrates are around 5-8 ppm, maybe around 10 at the most before water changes so hopefully this is good.

Some nitrates are good for plants, and I do every week a 30-40% water change, but sometimes if I don't work on Saturdays I'll do 2 water changes in one weekend.

But regarding that food, I'll think I'll pass, I smell bad enough, don't need to add to the situation:p

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

brich999

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2010
New Hampshire
I think fish like hikari more than any other pellet food imo. It may not be nutritionally the best out there but fish seem to love it and thats good enough for me. Only issue ive had is fish tend to get picky when fed hikari more than other foods massivore especially

ss720

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 20, 2005
Norway
I think fish like hikari more than any other pellet food imo. It may not be nutritionally the best out there but fish seem to love it and thats good enough for me. Only issue ive had is fish tend to get picky when fed hikari more than other foods massivore especially
I've noticed my fish are very picky now that I've given them blood worms for 3 weeks straight....which in hindsight wasn't a good idea or healthy.

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
It is funny that the formulas in those big fish foods seem highly addictive to fish. My fish love the Hikari Sinking Carnivore that is basically a small version of Massivore and in the past Ive used the Floating Food Stick which they call a floating version of Massivore. It was difficult to get the fish to eat anything else after they started on this stuff. As much as I like NLS foods I have not found any of their foods to get growth and size on a fish as fast as the Hikari Carnivore/Massivore formulas.

convict360

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
Scotland
I like Hikari, but I use it sparingly, its great that they float at the top; but by the same token I think it can cause bloating.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store