hikari massivore vs carnivore?

Chizzle

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2011
LV Golden Knights!
well, looks like im going back to feeding hikari floating lol. Been trying to get my smaller azuls onto massivore lately and have been withholding the floating.

The.Kid9

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2012
House
If they learn to feed on sinking pellets as they grow larger, it can be very hard to get them to eat floating stuff. I always fed my bass Massivore because I had catfish that ate it as well. When I tried to give the bass floating food such as freeze dried krill and floating pellets, they didn't touch them.
^^ i can agree with this...i have two rtc and i feed them sinking carnivore pellets which my pbass are starting to hit on them...they aint hitting on the floating sticks at all...

floridagar

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 18, 2010
chicago
There should be a sticky that will help with feeding them floating sticks, My biggest mono just hit them as soon as he saw my Florida gar hitting them.

gangster

Arapaima
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2008
mountains
Not really an issue whether they eat floating or sinking. My orino's will eat both massivore or food sticks.

boaconrp

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 25, 2011
Central New Jersey
Mine eat massivore and jumbo sticks both. The massivore is a lot denser and the bag seems to last me longer, though I haven't taken the time to figure out the price by weight. I'll continue feeding both for now until something better comes along...

BigUmbeeFan

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 8, 2009
nj
Mine eat massivore and jumbo sticks both. The massivore is a lot denser and the bag seems to last me longer, though I haven't taken the time to figure out the price by weight. I'll continue feeding both for now until something better comes along...
I see my Broko I sold you is doing great.

How big is he these days ?

DammitKhoa

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2011
MD
I actually inquired about massivore delite vs carnivore sinking pellets a while back and this was their reply:

These two formulas are almost identical the only major difference is the size of the pellet. Massivore Delite is for larger specimens.
now about carnivore jumbo floating sticks vs carnivore sinking pellets, I'm not sure if both have the same ingredients. Besides this, I'd say choose whichever is most cost efficient and/or suits your needs

monstermonkee

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 20, 2007
CA
one of my bass is now on carnivores/massivores and food sticks. So im pretty happy. Hopefully the other basss will follow suit soon and eat the foodstick also.

monstermonkee

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 20, 2007
CA
I actually inquired about massivore delite vs carnivore sinking pellets a while back and this was their reply:

now about carnivore jumbo floating sticks vs carnivore sinking pellets, I'm not sure if both have the same ingredients. Besides this, I'd say choose whichever is most cost efficient and/or suits your needs
I would say they are about 70-80% identical between the carnivore and food sticks. Looking at the ingredients(i have all three carni,massi, and food stick) the food stick differ from the carni and massi in "flaked corn and rice bran". There are probably a couple more differents in the ingredients but i only took a quick glance at it.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store