Hole-in-the-head...Please help my beloved Oscar!

DeLgAdO

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2005
Chula Vista, CA (San Diego)
www.myspace.com
my friend i think you might want to try this, its an antiparasite food

and buy a vitamin suppliment called "Vita-chem"

add it too the food as well

i dont think there a recommended dose( for the food that is) for this.

just like anyother food with an added benifit

so fed till his heart contents :thumbsup:

spectrum_therma_al_b.jpg

fishnutham

Needs More Room!
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2005
Brantford,Ont,canada
DeLgAdO said:
you fish shouldnt refuse this

the secret ingerdient is garlic which destroys and controls parasite

and garlic is a well know flavor and appitite enhancer :woot:

from what i unstand ubout garlic it is thought to be a preventive and could elimate some parasites but there is no postive prove of this ---no harm in using it though love the stuff myself and use it in my diy food if you know of some info correct me if i'm wrong i would love to be educated on it

DeLgAdO

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2005
www.myspace.com
fishnutham said:
from what i unstand ubout garlic it is thought to be a preventive and could elimate some parasites but there is no postive prove of this ---no harm in using it though love the stuff myself and use it in my diy food if you know of some info correct me if i'm wrong i would love to be educated on it
your right

i wasent spcific on that part, some but not all but i think HITH is one of them

peaches

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 13, 2005
Thank you DeLgAdO! I will look into this food......

Does anybody know if a Osar could live in a well-filtered 55 gallon with either one almost equally sized Severum OR two large tinfoil barbs. What size tank should I have for my Barbs? They are probaly like 8 inches and very crowded in my 55 gal, and the worst part is they are nipped and chased by my Severum. And they are so big they can't hardly get away like a smaller fish could. I know I should probably just give them away to the pet shop but how I dread this! :(

THANKS A MILLION AND HAPPY HOLIDAYS!~

peaches*

DeLgAdO

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2005
www.myspace.com
peaches said:
Thank you DeLgAdO! I will look into this food......

Does anybody know if a Osar could live in a well-filtered 55 gallon with either one almost equally sized Severum OR two large tinfoil barbs. What size tank should I have for my Barbs? They are probaly like 8 inches and very crowded in my 55 gal, and the worst part is they are nipped and chased by my Severum. And they are so big they can't hardly get away like a smaller fish could. I know I should probably just give them away to the pet shop but how I dread this! :(

THANKS A MILLION AND HAPPY HOLIDAYS!~

peaches*
your oscar and will be ok in a 55 given he is by himself ( i suppose the severum could be in their too)

tinfoils should have much swimming space to move around as their not designed to just hover of move slow like the oscar or severum

at least 180 gallons

ghostgirl228

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2006
indiana
i think carbon is the worst thing to use in any tank. you have gotten great advice,but i know one trick left for you to try.its called mirical mud...by ecosystemaquarium.com..i use it in my discus tank.i have been using it for a couple of years now and wouldnt go without it..my discus had hole in head to the size of a pea..i first treated with hexamit,as directed..with intensive care.on first and third treatments.then i added the mirical mud...not only did it stop but i had complete reversal..now my babys are unscared!! and they are breeding in 8.2 water! i dont use a reefugium,by same comp. i just put it along the back of the tank..works great after the filter cleared the water...i still havent had to change it ,it is good for 3 years.every so often just loosen it up,with your fingers..and you wont ever have this problum agien.good luck :thumbsup:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store