Home water filtration

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Was at a party today and spoke to a family member that owns a plumbing company and said that he is gonna look into the berkley. But did say in his opinion people are better off with a regular britta faucet attachment which I was shocked.

Oh yeah he also said that allot of the systems that hook up to the main line are fluff and un needed

Sent from my SPH-L710 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

SumoNinja

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2007
I'm Where I'm At
interesting ^

did he elaborate on why? I am considering one of those systems that hook up to the water line

I bought a brita today. just one of those pitchers. it did make my tap taste better.

i'm slave no more to buying bottled water. brita,.............breaker of chains

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
He said it was a waste of money abd to get one that hooks up to the sink. I will find out more this week. I find it hard to believe that they are junk though.. he may be referring to cost difference. Will question him more

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
Was at a party today and spoke to a family member that owns a plumbing company and said that he is gonna look into the berkley. But did say in his opinion people are better off with a regular britta faucet attachment which I was shocked.

Oh yeah he also said that allot of the systems that hook up to the main line are fluff and un needed

R/O has been around for quite some times and is laboratory proven. You actually test the "purity" of the water with an electronic "Total Disolved Solid" device to know when the membrane needs to be replaced. Quite certain there are different quality depending on manufacturer, but they do work. BTW, I was a science major in college and dwelt a bit on the subject matter. The only way other pratical way to get purer water is via steam (distillation).

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
He said it was a waste of money abd to get one that hooks up to the sink. I will find out more this week. I find it hard to believe that they are junk though.. he may be referring to cost difference. Will question him more

It is waste of money to hire someone to install these because it is fairly simple. I speak from first hand experience. I actually took it a step further and installed it in the basement under the kitchen to run through the kitchen sink.

Tramonte172

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2010
My fish room
I'd love to hear his opinion of the Berkey once he looks into it. It's always nice to hear what a professional has to say. My ex father-in-law was a plumber and her never drank plain water.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014

Tramonte172

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2010
My fish room

JamieH6

Feeder Fish