Hope it's better here than it was there

balton777

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 8, 2007
Rowlett, Tx
So far, I like this forum. Just keep your opinions about my fish to yourselves.
:screwy: This is a fish forum designed specifically to talk about and give our opinions about fish. If you post here, you will get opinions like it or not.

Other than that, welcome to MFK. And be careful, your GT's might kill your oscar...lol haha J/K.

AcsFoolMike

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 17, 2011
Bethpage, NY
I have to agree with balton. If you don't want to hear peoples opinions about your fish, why start posting? Nobody here is going to blatantly bad-mouth your fish or fishkeeping style for no reason. However, they are most definitely going to try and help you if they feel you are doing some wrong or detrimental to the fish's long-term health.

Welcome to MFK

Gruff Master

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 27, 2009
St. Augustine, Fl
www.alexteralbury.com
Welcome! As long as you post and start threads, you will hear opinions, some of which you won't like. The only way to avoid criticism is to not post anything at all. I think this goes for every public forum. Just be aware that the majority of the people here will only give you what they think of as good advice. It is always up to you what you receive and reject. Most newcomers on the site get upset when they receive criticism for sharing pics or descriptions of there overstocked, poorly stocked , or poorly maintained tanks. They may truly believe that their fish are happy and healthy, when in fact sometimes they just aren't. You may be shocked to know how many threads have been started about multiple Oscars living in very small tanks together. Things like that will cause many members to say a few things. Sometimes its minor details that can help the OP improve an already excellent tank and stock. It all depends on the situation. If your biggest tanks are 55s for your large cichlids, expect to hear some criticism. I hope you find what you're looking for on MFK. Keep an open mind and continue to learn and grow in the hobby.

VRWC

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 20, 2009
The 9ᵗʰ Colony
www.youtube.com
No need to be so hostile...yet :eek:

So, is this correct...you have 5 x 55 gallon tanks housing 6 Oscars, 3 green terrors and 2 jaguars?

I dont see why anyone would have any opinions about that, if thats the case.:popcorn:

cacichlids

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 20, 2011
FL
So why do you come to a public forum and post about your setup if you don't want opinions? What is it that you want? lol @.@

joshntarri

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 8, 2011
Indianapolis Indiana
No need to be so hostile...yet :eek:

So, is this correct...you have 5 x 55 gallon tanks housing 6 Oscars, 3 green terrors and 2 jaguars?

I dont see why anyone would have any opinions about that, if thats the case.:popcorn:
This is Tarri, we have a 150G also. I don't think we have any tank over stocked. We have 5 empty and only 3 in one 55. I am trying to get breeders. We will be selling some eventually I am sure everyone knows how that goes. We need to sell our Sunshine Peacocks before we have more lol.

joshntarri

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 8, 2011
Indianapolis Indiana
So why do you come to a public forum and post about your setup if you don't want opinions? What is it that you want? lol @.@
Actually I (Tarri) joined. I get sent here a lot when I am searching online. I always put us together. I do need advice sometimes and will ask I have in a few forums on here already.

SkidMark

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 10, 2007
in your mind's eye
hi tarri, you seem more intelligent and nicer than the guy who doesn't like opinions. coming here as a new member witha chip on his shoulder was completely uncalled for

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store