Horseshoe crab, or no?

Kevin8888

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2009
Canada
So no the trigger, and bird wrasse will kill him 100 percent, I'd be surprised if you could even drop it in the tank with out the trigger eating it, remember why the bird wrasse has a long narrow nose? it's for getting hard to reach creatures such as this...on another thread you say you want a mantis as well...for sure the mantis will dig it up and kill it, sorry
Agree^^ didn't even notice these lol they would all prey on a small one.

crister13

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 24, 2009
New Jersey
I forgot about the mantis in fear of damaging the glass. My trigger doesnt pick on ANYTHING unless hes attacked, and my bird wrasse doesnt pick on that much. I have a lettuce sea slug in the tank, and hes still alive. Also a baby serpant sea star, so I should be fine. How big do they really get, and what size tank would they need?

Tb86

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 12, 2010
Thailand
I had mine in a 350 with a 3 in sand bed and it cleaned the sand out in a matter of 2 months... So for a year your gonna need a huuuuuge amount of sand, it lives in a 3500 gallon tank with like 6 inches of sand now and it's getting big, don't worry your trigger will one day decide to kill them all, just a matter of time give them a year or so.... You seemlike your dead set on getting one no matter what advice your given, so if you want to do it best bet is to add like 4 inches of sand to your tank and it will be ok for a few months, but forget target feeding it

crister13

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 24, 2009
New Jersey
I talked to a few people who have them and they said they never see him so I probably wont got one.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store