How bad are heater burns on 4inch bass?

davenmandy

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2012
The burns on the body are doing well. Have used all my Pima mela and stress coat, don't see the need for more, will continue water changes every 3 days with salt treatment. Burns getting smaller every day. My main concern is the eye that has shown almost no progress recently, possibly regress (a bit more white, though that may be normal healing for the eye). Hopefully it will heal in time, I see the burns on the body healing 95%, hopefully enough not to be overly noticeable when it's an adult, but i honestly don't know what to think about the eye, trying to take a good look at it there looks to be some damage to the structure of it. Do you guys agree with my.plan of stopping mess and just continuing with WC and salt?

Sent from my Z10 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

davenmandy

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2012
Well, the body has healed 95%. You can just vaguely make them out, barely, looks like there's no permanent damage there, but i wonder if any scarring will reduce the spangling around the black bands. Unfortunately there looks to be permanent damage to the eye. Doesn't seem to be healing much. It's white still, and the pupil seems a bit deformed. Wonder if it effects it's vision. So close to 100% too, but he's starting to be less scared so maybe with less stress and non life food it may in time heal 99%.

uploadfromtaptalk1401742180633.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1401742193617.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1401742206828.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1401742217806.jpg

davenmandy

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2012
Just an update. All three burns on the body healed 100%. You can't see two of them. One of them there is a very faint outline, only time will tell if that effects spangling or the outline of the first black bar, but you really have to look very hard to see it so I am happy with that. However, his eye has not gotten any better. There is a little white blister that occupies less than a quarter of his pupil (if that's what it is, the black part). I have a strange feeling that he is having difficulty seeing out of that eye because he is still very shy and skiddish, despite putting on size. The pupil is also not round anymore, it has a small bulge on one side. In reviewing pictures I have not seen any improvement. I am still holding onto hope that as he grows it will minimize, but all things considered i still should have a nice bass. I'll try to take pics soon.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store