how can fish just vanish?

tyl089

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2007
San Jose,
Check your other fish for a fuller belly. Predator fish will surprise you. Poly known for big appetites and will grab, bash, then tear up and fold fish into its gullet. That's what happened to some of my rainbows.

jwh

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2015
south ****holia
Yoyo's are jumpers and can wriggle considerable distance before succumbing, I lost a prize one last week that jumped through a 1 - 2" gap where filtration pipes enter the tank, found it on the other side of the room, if these are cats or other animals around they can easily disappear.

HumanBean

Dovii
MFK Member
Nov 4, 2014
Toronto Ontario, Canada
Yoyo's are jumpers and can wriggle considerable distance before succumbing, I lost a prize one last week that jumped through a 1 - 2" gap where filtration pipes enter the tank, found it on the other side of the room, if these are cats or other animals around they can easily disappear.
True about they being jumpers. Buy there is no mouse or cat and it was in my study where floor is wooden and small area.

davenmandy

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2012
You should give us some more to go on. Take a picture of your tank, is there any opening or is it covered off entirely? Take pictures of the bichir and Oscar, it will be easier for us to judge that way. Search well in any fake plants and substrate, and under decorations.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store