how can i get my pbass off live food?

hillbilly

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2005
Western North Carolina
Try feeding your frozen foods first thing in the morning when they are hungry. I cut some market shrimp up into bite sized pieces this morning, and some of my little ones gobbled it right up. This was the first time they had ever seen dead food. If they don't go for it, don't worry about it. Feed them your regular food, and try again later. If I were you, I would feed the guppies once a day, or every other day, and feed blackworms, bloodworms, or frozen if they'll eat it, the rest of the time. Live blackworms are great for little ones, they wiggle, and the eat them like they are starving. Good nutrition too. They are one of my favorite discus foods.

bassinmike85

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2010
California
hillbilly;4309760; said:
Try feeding your frozen foods first thing in the morning when they are hungry. I cut some market shrimp up into bite sized pieces this morning, and some of my little ones gobbled it right up. This was the first time they had ever seen dead food. If they don't go for it, don't worry about it. Feed them your regular food, and try again later. If I were you, I would feed the guppies once a day, or every other day, and feed blackworms, bloodworms, or frozen if they'll eat it, the rest of the time. Live blackworms are great for little ones, they wiggle, and the eat them like they are starving. Good nutrition too. They are one of my favorite discus foods.

thx man..i'm going right now to buy black worms..a pet store by my house has them..

bassinmike85

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2010
California
they are finally eating frozen krill..i chopped them up into tiny pieces and they are eating them up like mad..i'll try n get a video this week..

Houdini89

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2009
North Jersey
They should be eating live, until there at least 6 plus inches, then start the conversion.............Good luck

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store