how do i get my datnoid to eat pellets?

redtailfool

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2005
New Jersey
Yeah like previously mentioned, a healthy Datnoid will eat anything if its hungry and "motivated" enough. Dont worry about it starving to death. Fish dont eat everyday in the wild. A very healthy fish (with some exceptions of course) can withstand weeks of not feeding.

zhiz22

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 30, 2005
Singapore
The more you try to convert it, the harder it is. The more you care, the longer the fish would take to convert to pellet feeding.

Best way is to feed its usual food twice a week, and feed pellets everyday (with some tankmates that feed on those pellets

View attachment 1119664

Reactions: Rays starter

Vince

Most Wanted
MFK Member
Jul 4, 2005
Illegal
www.wofc.org
I find beefheart to be more cost effective than pellets. All my fish eat beefheart. There was one indo dat that didn't want to eat the beefheart so I add raw shrimp into the mix and that is what he eats. They are nice and fat. I do give them a treat of freeze dried krill.The reason they started eating beefheart is because of the fact that I have them with bichirs, and that is all I feed the bichirs and the ATF. I tried the Hikari carnivore pellets, but no success. I have to agree that the more you care the longer it takes for them to eat pellets.

Steve_89

NISMO
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
?
My guy also eats beefheart. Very cheap.

freeform

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 6, 2005
red dot island
you can try starving the dats but pls monitor them. it ain't gonna be easy to train them. good luck.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store