how do you do a water change?

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
I know i probably get blasted but i very rrely do water changes as my tank evaporates about 10 gallons a week and i just replace the 10 gallons every Sunday

and to clean the tank i usally do it once every 6 months by draining the whole tank and rinsing the rock
So, how do you remove the nitrate?

RATEDRSUPERFAN

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2010
wisconsin
many ways including Plants usually and not overfeeding my fish. I also have used other stuff as well

But with one of my current tanks I am trying a new method as an experiment and that is basically under stocking my tank and overfiltrating it

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
I know i probably get blasted but i very rrely do water changes as my tank evaporates about 10 gallons a week and i just replace the 10 gallons every Sunday

and to clean the tank i usally do it once every 6 months by draining the whole tank and rinsing the rock
many ways including Plants usually and not overfeeding my fish. I also have used other stuff as well

But with one of my current tanks I am trying a new method as an experiment and that is basically under stocking my tank and overfiltrating it

These are details you should add to your post as well, so newbies don't think they don't need to do water changes either.

Powerz69

Feeder Fish
Mar 2, 2011
Edmonton
I've been adding water to my tank via a coil garden hose for years. Well my coil garden hose is too short to use now from it breaking and me fixing over years of use.
Now I'm looking for another hose to use. I'm thinking of a drinking water safe garden hose, or that expanding hose made of surgical rubber tube on the inside. Does anyone use this hose? I just don't want to poison my fish by using a wrong garden hose type.

cdrake261

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 27, 2013
Nashville, IN
I've been adding water to my tank via a coil garden hose for years. Well my coil garden hose is too short to use now from it breaking and me fixing over years of use.
Now I'm looking for another hose to use. I'm thinking of a drinking water safe garden hose, or that expanding hose made of surgical rubber tube on the inside. Does anyone use this hose? I just don't want to poison my fish by using a wrong garden hose type.
python water changer

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store