How do you get them to fit?

Death Pony

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
When I get to the point of a large tank, I'll probably construct it in the room it's meant to go in.

Fishman0

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 3, 2009
New York
Appreciate the stories so far, just feeding my curiosity.

is there anyone else on here that has pics of how it was done? Even ones built inside

Camshaft Ramrod

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 10, 2008
Orlando, FL
I think the best one I know of was arapaimaman. He actually had the tank dropped in with a crane and then he put on the roof to his house...17,000 gallons..

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
Living in Hong Kong i almost had to get a crane to get my 200G into my flat on the 7th floor... but i remember when i was a kid and my dad had a large tank he had to have it built on site and the glass was bought up quite a few flights of stairs since they wouldn't fit in the lift...

So yeah... i guess its all relative to where you live + size of tank... since you don't always have to have a huge monster tank to cause problems...

screaminleeman

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 27, 2009
Westminster, MD
Removal of sliding glass doors is not very difficult and I have done on moves with furniture. I see no reason that this could/ should not work with fishtanks. I think the standard sliding glass door is around 3' wide x 6 1/2' tall. That would give you a > a 6' x 6' enterance that should suffice any tank!

Fishman0

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 3, 2009
New York
I guess building on site for huge tanks is the main feasible way to get it in the house, otherwise its HELLO garage!

Fishman0

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 3, 2009
New York
Octofasciata Aficionado;3804521; said:
I couldn't bring myself to cut a hole it the side of the house for a tank. I could however build a house around a mammoth tank.
Only if I would be able to view the tank from all four sides

12 Volt Man

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
May 24, 2007
canada
How would anyone get a tank that size up stairs?
you don't. (in general).

most big tanks go on ground level floors but there are exceptions where people beef up their flooring, although this can only be done when you have tanks where the gallon capacity is high but the surface area is also high (ie a 240g tank that is 24" tall is less concentrated weight than a 240g tank that is 30" tall for example..)

for really big tanks they have to go on ground floor areas, unless you have concrete floors (like some apartments).

TStephens

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 18, 2009
Greenville, SC
Id love to have that tank but no where to set it up and no money to buy it. Ive seen this tank in person and it is just like new, whoever buffed this tank did a great job.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store