how fast did/does your green terror grow?

jagsandpits

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 14, 2012
NewYork
I think mine grew around an inch maybe a lil less in almost 2months. he definitely got taller and just plain bulkier , he looks great but my Dempsey grew sooooo much in 2months. i have been babying him so much doing like 25% w.c 3 times a week with aged/primed water. his colors are amazing and hes super spunky and active but i guess terrors don't grow as fast as say dempseys. (hes in a 20 gallon tank)

Amphilophus88

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2009
Holland
same here. It seems like they never grow. I had one that went from 4 to 8 inch in 2 years.
Right now I have another and he went from a 5 to 6 inch in 6 months. Okay maybe he was slighly under 5 and slightly over 6 inch now, but still it's slooowww.

jagsandpits

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 14, 2012
NewYork
I found them to be slow growers as well, but the bigger tank you put them in the better.
i heard that brother, cznt wait to get my 40 breeder for him, he should be fine in the 20 few a few more months i mean i do 3 25% w.c a week so. idk i didnt know they grew that slow it kinda sucks cuz he gets fed nls 3 times a day big feedings and my gravel is always dirty so i end up ALWAYS doing w.c. kinda feels like wasted effort so im prob gonna slow down his feeding, what do you guys think?

IndyTexy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 1, 2012
Plainfield Indiana
I suggest that you do not power feed Green Terrors. I would let them grow in a clean enviroment as they can be supcaptable to Hexamita. I would also suggest that you supplment some feedings with peas or other Spirulina pellets to help clear their intestines. Mine like soaked green beans. If you take your time and let them grow and try not to force it they will live long enough to grow large.

Reactions: Catfish57

TheGinge5

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Larger tank for sure makes a difference.
i agree on less feedings 1 or 2 times daily should be plenty for good growth.

doomiedee

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 13, 2011
Waterbury
I found them to never be super slow growers. I would do 40-50% wc and give a staple of pellets and frozen or live food every other day or every few days. I had one that grew from 1" to 2.75" in about a month. Witch isn't that slow compared to other cichlids

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

CrimsonFog

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 2, 2012
Warshingtun
I've had my Stalsbergi (1" fry) for a month and a half. They live in a 40b with an AC110 and get 75% weekly WC's. They eat NLS and Xtreme.

They have only grown .25" since March 1st.

I am not unhappy about it, but thought I'd share.

Reactions: Jakec96

k0y0te

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2009
Florida
www.myspace.com
My GT (gold saum) grow about 1/4 inch a month. it took him close to 2 years to hit 8 inches. That is with 70-75% w/c with vacumming weekly and a huge varity in diet. Started out ialone in a 55 gallon tank for the first couple months then moved to a 125 with 2 other fish then to being alone in a 75 gallon (because he is aggressive toward other tank mates. The one i had before this one grew also about the same rate. i have heard tales of people getting 1+ inches a month but i have my douts ;)

letstalkfish

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 12, 2013
Nomad
I think part of the reason they seem to grow so slowly is because at the 2.5-3" mark they start growing wider vs longer, and then pick up on length again

EDIT: I should say "taller" and wider

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store