How is it possible to NOT have a sub-forum in ancient fish for Amia Calva?

screaminleeman

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 27, 2009
Westminster, MD
How is it possible that the second most ancient TRUE MONSTER fish in North America is somehow able to avoid having a sub-forum.

Damn that sucks that the almighty Bowfin can not BUY an ounce of respect even from a website calling itself "MONSTERFISHKEEPERS.COM".

WTF?:cry:

100_0207.JPG

Grumpy says: I get No Respect here on MFK. No respect I tell you!

Please set the grump up with his own stage to "star" on!:naughty:

100_0207.JPG

HungDang

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2010
Fort Worth
thing is how many people keep those!

Delhezi222

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 21, 2007
P
I'm gonna guess it's because there would be probably one thread a week, haha. Also, bowfin are a native fish so threads about them usually go in the native section rather than here.

screaminleeman

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 27, 2009
Westminster, MD
I would bet that it was probably me that started those bowfin threads in the native section also. There is LESS intrest in the Bowfin (ANCIENT NATIVE FISH) in the Native section than here in the Ancient section. It seems that there is a higher calibre of posters in the ancient(s) forums here on MFK than in the native forum in general! Given the choice I would strongly prefer the sub forum to be the IMO higher quality Ancient MFK rather than the more generic native section here on MFK.

Darters are awesome looking "natives" but HARDLY what I would consider a "Monster fish".

It is rediculus IMO to not change the name of this site, if you absolutely refuse to cover the TRUE ANCIENT "MONSTERFISH" of North America.

I can't disagree with HungDang or SnakeHeadsAreAwesome. It is ABSOLUTELY true that people DO NOT KNOW about this TRUE MONSTERFISH from North America. That is what this site is SUPPOSE to do is EDUCATE fishkeepers on MONSTERFISH! IMO This incredible fish would gain SO MUCH popularity if it was introduced here that you might actually be suprised and find that this fish IS due respect.

I have to uber DISAGREE with Delhezi222 though. Hey man I love the Poly's too and in NO way, shape or form feel that they do NOT belong right here where they are. I am a Gar fanatic, so less than no problem there either.

I keep knives and accept their right to have earned a sub-forum in the Ancient Moster Fish section.

I don't have any attraction to Arrowana, but the number of active (viewers) of the sub-forum speaks volumes for itself and clearly warrents them their spot. I LMAO that the "LUNGFISH" somehow ranked to get a sub forum! I have NEVER entered that sub-forum, but it clearly shows less than a hand full (5) of active viewers at one time (EVER!!!).

Damn Delhezi, Just out of curiosity I am going to the LUNGFISH sub forum of the ancient fish to see what the "average daily activity" looks like. If that is indeed a "criteria" for a sub-forum, I will damned if it still should rank the damn Lungfish a sub-forum.

I have pooped better looking turds than the ugly ass lungfish!

screaminleeman

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 27, 2009
Westminster, MD
Sorry Delhezi, It did not take long to check AND FULLY READ every post made into the LUNGFISH sub-forum of the Ancient fish section on MFK for the ENTIRE MONTH OF AUGUST.

Dude, I have finger left on one hand counting the number of posters in that section this month. One member did the extreme vast majority of the posts in that sub-forum this month (Just cracked double digit - 10) were all from a single poster, often replying to his or herself!!! Take these posts away and that 10 total posts drops to 4 for the month.

Still want to go down that road as activity as a criteria. Hey I'm OK with that also. It is 100% proof that there is FAILURE to reach the required activity level to warrent a sub-forum. Just keep the same number of (Sub-Forums) in the Ancient fish section, disolve the (lungfish - ghost sub forum) and replace it with the Amia Calva sub forum. Give it a couple months, and if it has inactivitly level approahhing the lungfish sub-forum, than you can disolve it too and either give the "slot" to Sturgeon or just continue with one less sub-forum on the Anciem section in MFK.

screaminleeman

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 27, 2009
Westminster, MD
I'd love some info on that guy.. Are they cold water, what's an average size,temperment? Looks badass, how can I get one?
By far the best way is to help me convince the MFK team to develop a forum for this beautiful monster giving it the stage to shine on. Given the exposure, I am sure that we can get Snookin' and some of the other MFK vendors to hook us up right!

I got mine from TFD fish. I loved doing business with them and will miss them now that they have gone out of business. I will let you know when I find some more, as I am always looking.

BlackShark11k

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 8, 2009
somewhere
This is a stupid idea. A whole section for ONE species? That hardly anyone keeps, regardless of how "awesome " they are. Seriously? If you think the lungfish forum gets little activity, a bowfin forum would hardly get a fraction of that!

screaminleeman

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 27, 2009
Westminster, MD
This is a stupid idea. A whole section for ONE species? That hardly anyone keeps, regardless of how "awesome " they are. Seriously? If you think the lungfish forum gets little activity, a bowfin forum would hardly get a fraction of that!
A fraction of ten posts in 15 days. You sir are incorrect. I would gladly post one thread every other day in that forum to "blow the lungfish" activity out the door. Really, a small fraction of 10 posts within 15 days? Really?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store