How long until my tank will complete its cycle

Otherone

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2009
Lancaster,PA USA
I'd expect the tinsel strength of the second floor of any home can support the weight of 10 full grown men at the very least - that's approx. 2,000 lbs or 1 ton - I'd actually expect it to be more like 10x that amount least your house would've collapsed along time ago.

skatin707

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2013
Delaware
I'd expect the tinsel strength of the second floor of any home can support the weight of 10 full grown men at the very least - that's approx. 2,000 lbs or 1 ton - I'd actually expect it to be more like 10x that amount least your house would've collapsed along time ago.
Not true. It's a psi issue more than anything. If you spread that whole 2,000 lbs over 500sq' then yes. Basically, you need to find where your floor joists run. Each one should support 600lbs, so make sure you divide the weight as evenly as possible. If you run into issues, set your stand on a sheet of plywood (not particleboard) that is larger than your stand and tank. This will help spread the weight out.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

vikash345678

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2013
Queens New York
Not true. It's a psi issue more than anything. If you spread that whole 2,000 lbs over 500sq' then yes. Basically, you need to find where your floor joists run. Each one should support 600lbs, so make sure you divide the weight as evenly as possible. If you run into issues, set your stand on a sheet of plywood (not particleboard) that is larger than your stand and tank. This will help spread the weight out.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
That's what I was thinking

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store