How long would a 125 gallon tank last me?

wednesday13

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2008
The deep south
Oh wow I read they were bad swimmers I didn’t realize it was that bad so would 6-7 inches of water be too much for a turtle of 4 inches??
Should b fine with a nice gradual grade up to land. I dont recommend the cheap “turtle island” floating type platforms for this species as again, there pretty dopey at smaller sizes.

wednesday13

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2008
The deep south
If that's the way you want to look at it, I can't stop you. But I am not trying to steer anyone away from owning anything with statements like that, I'm trying to help them ensure whatever pet it is they want to own gets the best care.
Have u ever kept small turtles or matas in particular? Bigger is not always better especially in this case. Most all hatchlings of any species are properly kept in small tubs with an inch or two of water so they can breathe and find food easy.

MultipleTankSyndrome

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 25, 2021
Loachaholica
I haven't, which is why I didn't give more specific advice on care. I just wanted to point out the principle of not getting a pet until you have everything you need to care for it, which applies to any pet.

That the depth of a 473 liter may be too much for a mata mata isn't something I'm disputing.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store