How Many Bichirs?

QuDodger

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2013
My house.
So I finally got my 100 gal up and running and its all cycled and ready. I already have 2 delhezi and a senegal in the tank but was wondering if I can add 2 more senegal and another delhezi. Current stock is an indo dat, the three bichirs, a huejutla characin, a belly crawler pike, and 2 red tail barracuda.

the lion who ate the sun

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2014
georgia
What size are your other fish at right now? How big are the additions? Adding new polys to tanks with hardy eaters that are quick to pin down food can be problematic, especially if they are small. Oftentimes they will not be able to locate their share before it it all gone. I keep my polys seperate from everyone else.

QuDodger

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2013
My house.
It's 60" x 18" x 20". None of the fish I have are over 8 inches and the new polys would be around 5 inches. I don't mind monitoring them during feedings to make sure everyone gets food.

the lion who ate the sun

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2014
georgia
You should be fine, assuming your filtration is adequate. Looking at your stock, youll eventually need a bigger tank, but sens and dels grow relatively slow. Definitely moniter feeding sessions. It isnt unusual for polys to hunger strike for a day or two after being added. Try dropping sinking foods after lights out if feeding proves to be especially difficult.

Dr.B

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2012
Texas
You should be ok, but might need to upgrade for the other stock in the future

QuDodger

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2013
My house.
Okay thanks I thought it would be okay, but I always like to get other opinions!

Askaleymanfish

Aimara
MFK Member
May 15, 2014
Danville Virginia
You should be fine, assuming your filtration is adequate. Looking at your stock, youll eventually need a bigger tank, but sens and dels grow relatively slow. Definitely moniter feeding sessions. It isnt unusual for polys to hunger strike for a day or two after being added. Try dropping sinking foods after lights out if feeding proves to be especially difficult.
Hunger strike for a day or 2 lmao I wish mine did that mine hunger strike for a month or 2

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store