how many crawl-outs have you experienced with inverts?

Wight

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 5, 2009
The Moon, Ontario
Well I'm not so sure how well it would work but I am considering placing a large enough floating object (a big lid from something or small disposable plate) on the top of the water in the corner and running my tubing through a hole in the center of it. Hopefully then the crayfish cannot reach the sides of the floating lid and cannot pass it.

Any thoughts on that?

Midknightskie

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2009
Hawaii
My ghost shirmp escape through the overflow and sometimes die before I find them. I don't know why they end up there:confused:

Mr_Altepeter

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 5, 2010
Pittsburgh
Really enjoyed the tales of escape artists. I am slowly getting my things together to set up my 220. Have been thinking about adding a handful of small crabs to help with cleaning the excrement. Now I know to make sure there are NO OPENINGS WHATSOEVER!!! LOL Great info here. Glad my Freshwater guy recomended this site!!

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
Slightly different story in my case, i have a marble cray crawl out of his holding cage in my main tank, run around for a few days exploring, and then some how crawled back into his holding cage and is just hanging out in there now... the reason i'm surprised is i didn't think these guys could really swim and my tank is a little more than 2ft tall so i have no idea how he got back in???

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store