How many days per week do you guys feed

calgaryflames

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2009
calgary
I am sure if we were in the wild we'd starve some days doesn't mean it's healthy? But everyone has their own methods of keeping rays works for u since urs a breeding. But still think they should be feed daily and not over fed either.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
The first zoo to breed tiger rays actually first born in the world they only feed the rays 4 day per week . I think keeping them healthy is the key to breeding rather than porking them up on shrimp like I did for so many years.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

bonesb66

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2010
Birmingham
I think a natural pattern of feeding would be no pattern at all?

I might remember to feed Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and then forget Thursday - the following week i might not forget at all, i might forget twice - one day i might feed once, i might feed twice?

Typically it's always most days once or twice but surely there is flexibility in this...

Energy

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2005
Tropical Minnesota
1 time per day on average, BUT- my fish are too fat which is easy to see in a Gar (not as much in a stingray). This has indicated that I should cut back-Fat fish are NOT healthy. Sometimes I skip a day, to three or five-allowing the system and fish to purge themselves clean.

Example- I am leaving this weekend- nobody gets fed for 2 days- no biggie.

Raymann88

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2011
Canada
Once a day but not heavy. One ray may eat more than the others during one feeding and another the next. The one that got the least the meal before is the most aggressive for food the next time. They all manage to get something each feeding.

johno27

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2006
Eastpointe MI
I don't feed wednesdays because I play softball and am out of the house during normal feeding time. I will also randomly skip a day for other reasons. I only feed adult rays once a day but young rays at least twice

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store