How many people have tropheus a nd what kind

wild bill

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2010
three hills,ab. canada
sites.google.com
Never see many tropheus posts just wondering how many people have them and what kind they have.We have a group of about 30 nodoli bays really starting to show their red now and even have some fry not even a year old yet.

Kanta

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 19, 2009
Omaha
Have a group of 18 Cherry Spots

bbboys

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 29, 2008
San Diego CA
i have a group of 20 wc rr and another group of 12 wc cherry spots with them. I have had them for about 2 or 3 months and already have a group of 12 fry from the rr...They are very cool fish. In the same tank i also have a group of 9 f1 petrochromis bulu point and almost 10 gobies. Very cool tank.

-bbboys

swk

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 16, 2009
Sonoma county
I have around 17 ikolas that I keep with my petro longolas. They're far from rare, and pretty cheap, but they are an impressive colony to say the least. No better color through the entire colony than ikolas IME

wild bill

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2010
three hills,ab. canada
sites.google.com
Nice to hear that they are out there and nice sized groups too.Swk are you going to try removing your other fish from the tank or is that not an option tanks and room can sometimes be hold ups it was just a thought I had saw your post.

swk

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 16, 2009
Sonoma county
wild bill;4863959; said:
Nice to hear that they are out there and nice sized groups too.Swk are you going to try removing your other fish from the tank or is that not an option tanks and room can sometimes be hold ups it was just a thought I had saw your post.
No way man. The trophs are just dithers for my petros. If any fish are getting removed from that tank, it's the trophs. Trophs and petros make really good tankmates. Both groups spawn with minimal issues.

wild bill

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2010
three hills,ab. canada
sites.google.com
I can't remember are the petros the ones that use other fish to carry their eggs.

wild bill

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2010
three hills,ab. canada
sites.google.com
I guess you can learn something new everyday and when it comes to fish I am willing to learn. Guess I was mixed up on his thread .

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store