HOW MANY RAYS HAVE YOU MURDERED?

redtailfool

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2005
New Jersey
Damn!

Thats gotta hurt.

I hate killing fish when I know it was all my fault.

We have all done it though....

Well i started acclimating at around 1 am supposed to be done at 145 . Woke up around and it was 400. The ray was still alive but died a few days later from improper acclimation.

Michael - you dont believe in starting small do you ?

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
i have only lost 1 leo in the 10 years i have been keeping rays and that wasnt me

the leo was a female and a large male motoro i was keeping with her ripped her eyes out she done great without the eyes for about 1yr then the motoro finished her off :confused:

davo

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2006
England
i have only lost 1 leo in the 10 years i have been keeping rays and that wasnt me

the leo was a female and a large male motoro i was keeping with her ripped her eyes out she done great without the eyes for about 1yr then the motoro finished her off :confused:
how come you didnt seperate them when it attacked first time? were there any other signs of aggression, or randomness?

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
how come you didnt seperate them when it attacked first time? were there any other signs of aggression, or randomness?
i was young at the time and only had one tank :confused:

at the time motoro were classed as a good starter ray but i would disagree with that now as they are far more agressive once they reach adult size

other rays will bite a female when they want to breed a motoro will kill if he doesnt get what he wants

davo

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2006
England
o shame out that ray. not derailing but what would you say a good starter ray is now?

warren126

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 12, 2005
Atlanta Ga,
I dont have any too have lost one, I will like to start a tank with rays are they hard to care for are they like your reguler aquarium fish

flyingsaucer owner

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 16, 2005
England
I've lost 3 :(
My first ray a small histrix due to my inexperience, a falkneri from unknown causes & a black diamond pup due to a leaking tank :(
Losing a ray sucks big time

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
o shame out that ray. not derailing but what would you say a good starter ray is now?
hystrix

i kept one for ages they are not as active as some other rays i have kept but still very nice

Gumby79

Candiru
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2006
Calgary
I just lost my first earlier this week a retic and looks like I will lose one more yet this week. Other rays looking good, So hope this trend ends now of sick rays for me.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store