How many time you feed your arowana ?

Koji

Piranha
MFK Member
May 7, 2005
Singapore
I'm more then willing to feed my aros as long they want more from me.:D When young aro grow faster and bigger, they become hardier too.

ethnics

Piranha
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2006
SouthEast SD
there is not much wrong with feeding every day other then the dent it puts in my pocket. i have to many fish to feed daily like that lol. if i fed every tank til they were full, i'd spend like 10 bux every 2 days on food.

10 or 11" aro i would feed daily, when small you want them to get as much food as possible pretty much. after the 18" mark is when he falls in the catagory of every other but he doesn't agree with this.. he swims around like crazy on the fasting day searching for food. the bigger guys usually dont have a problem with this. they get used to the feeding schedule tho.

under 18" should be practically power fed or tummy kept rounded daily imo
over 18" can be fed every other day til tummy is round.
once they step over the 30" mark i think you can drop to two feedings a week so like once every 3 days basically. not first n third day, but first n 4th day so there's 2 days between.

NoobGuy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 15, 2010
san deigo
i try to feed my aro once every other day.. but just seeing him beg for food makes me feel so guilty that im not giving him enough food. but i have a question - by less feeding your aro's, can that help for no drop eye?

MeAko

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 8, 2006
Manila, Phillipines
ethnics;762306; said:
once they step over the 30" mark i think you can drop to two feedings a week so like once every 3 days basically. not first n third day, but first n 4th day so there's 2 days between.
I tried that with my 30" and it doesn't work. He was too cranky with a 4-5x/week fasting schedule. What is ideal for him after months of experimentation is a maximum of 2days/week fasting.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store