how many would be safe?

Jeezyy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 15, 2011
Socal
hey guys im new here to the forums, but i was wondering what would be a safe amount of cichlids i would be able to put in a 60 gal tank? any information would be greatly appreciated.

AcsFoolMike

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 17, 2011
Bethpage, NY
Welcome to MFK!

The answer to your question really depends on a lot of things, such as filtration, max size of the fish, aggression levels, and aquascape.

JML1997

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2010
N.B, Canada
If you asking what you could put in it, you could do the following...

-pair of blue Acara
-pair of firemouths
-pair of sajicas
-pair of jack dempsey
-multiple convicts
-multiple Honduran red points
Etc...

Jeezyy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 15, 2011
Socal
ahhh okai...yeah it will be a little bit of time before i actually put cichlids in the tank. i just bought the tank used and it came a nice size sump not to sure about the size of it. so im just trying to find some information before hand. thank you guys!

seedubs1

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2011
Indiana USA
A pair of Sajica's or JD's would be pretty cool for that tank. Then get a small school of clown loaches or pictus cats.....Something along those lines.

Or can always do a few Severums.

A big Green terror would be nice too.

If it were 15 gallons bigger I would say a RD, Midas, or Trimac would be an awesome choice. But any of those in less than a 75 just isn't going to be good for the fish.

SkidMark

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 10, 2007
in your mind's eye
If you asking what you could put in it, you could do the following...

-pair of blue Acara
-pair of firemouths
-pair of sajicas
-pair of jack dempsey
-multiple convicts
-multiple Honduran red points
Etc...
just not all of them at the same time. and i think a pair of jacks would really be pushing it

Sarah88

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 27, 2009
Wilmington, NC
have you not read any of the replies anyone posted answering your question? with most new world cichlids you will be able to put at most a pair in there, there are some smaller growing cichlids that you could put maybe 3-4, the word "fish" is one of the most general terms you can use, it could refer to anything from a guppy to an arapaima to a white shark. people have given you some suggestions so research those and see what you like, other than that, you will get better advice if you give us a list of fish that you are thinking about and like and seeing what combo can go in that tank

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store